|Raising aspirations, supporting potential
What is School Membership?
School membership is a package of support designed specifically for head teachers, gifted and talented lead teachers and other academic staff and governors to:
- Support them in their work in school with gifted and talented children and young people
- Support them in their relationship with the parents and carers of these children and young people
- Support the whole school in the development of its gifted and talented strategy
What type of schools can become members?
School Membership is suitable for nurseries and pre-prep; primaries and prep; middle, secondary, and sixth form schools, academies and colleges in both the state and independent educational sectors.
There are two categories of membership available to schools:
What if we aren't a school?
Organisations such as universities, local authorities, charities and collectives of schools and academies can contact us for a bespoke package of organisation membership. Current organisation members include the Peterborough Learning Partnership and Villiers Park Educational Trust.
What are the benefits of Standard School Membership?
Any nursery, school, academy or college can apply to become a Standard School Member and access the benefits, which include:
- Standard School Membership - this is based on an acknowledgement of the need to support the school's most able pupils
- Gold School Membership - there are 3 levels: One Star, Two Stars and Three Stars, to enable schools to continuously improve the support they provide to their most able pupils
What does School Membership cost?
School Membership Fees from September 2012
- School Membership Logo - By using our branding and logo on your letter headed paper, website and prospectus you are publicising your commitment to supporting your most able pupils
- School Certificate - Every school member receives a certificate of membership. Display this prominently in your school to show parents your commitment to provide for your most able pupils
- Monthly Teacher Resources - Monthly e-newsletter, keeping you informed of key developments and changes to gifted and talented education, and events and projects that your school may be interested in taking part in. Included are references to specific fact sheets and activities developed with gifted and talented children in mind
- Online Best Practice Sharing - Programmes and initiatives from our Gold School members are available to view online
- Online Directory of Member Schools - A dedicated directory listing all our member schools and their county with a link directly to your website
- Telephone Consultancy Appointment - One to one telephone appointment with one of our Education Consultants to discuss all matters gifted and talented
- FUSE children's e-zine emailed termly as a pdf for you to share with your learners and added to the Explorers part of our website, where your G&T learners can upload and share their written and artistic work with young members from other schools and families
- 10 Free Online Family Memberships -These are designed for your low income and hard to reach families to ensure they have resources available to support their child
- Reduced Family Membership Rates - All families with a child with high learning potential at your school are eligible for the reduced rate
- Member Rates for Children's, Parents' and Teachers' Workshops - We offer:
- Let's Explore! creative & critical thinking activities for your most able cohort
- Parent Matters workshops aimed at their parents & carers
- G&T Learning Matters, CPD training for teachers
- Gold School Membership - Eligibility to apply for membership by meeting the criteria for Gold Schools (Please note that this is an editable pdf that can typed in and saved if you have Adobe Acrobat).
For mixed phases the higher fee applies.
*Please note that there is an additional assessment fee for Gold School Membership starting at £150 for an off-site assessment and report. Please see the School Membership Pack for full details.
|Middle, Secondary, Sixth Form
- Download the School Membership Pack to read the full details about Standard and Gold School Membership, benefits and fees. Check the criteria for Gold Schools (Please note that this is an editable pdf that can be typed in and saved if you have Adobe Acrobat. Alternatively you can print and hand write in it, or request it as a Word document).
- Decide which membership will be best for your school. Contact us if you would like to discuss anything relating to School Membership.
- Start the application process by completing, printing and signing the hand written Application Form or use the editable pdf Application Form which can be typed in and saved if you have Adobe Acrobat.
- Phone us if you have any queries on 01908 646433.