Raising aspirations, supporting potential
What is School Membership?
School membership is a package of support designed specifically for head teachers, more able or gifted and talented lead teachers and other academic staff and governors to:
- Support them in their work in school with more able or gifted and talented children and young people
- Support them in their relationship with the parents and carers of these children and young people
- Support the whole school in the development of its more able or gifted and talented strategy
What type of schools can become members?
School Membership is suitable for nurseries and pre-prep; primaries and prep; middle, secondary, and sixth form schools, academies and colleges in both the state and independent educational sectors.
There are two categories of membership available to schools:
- Standard School Membership - this is based on an acknowledgement of the need to support the school's most able pupils and their parents and carers
- Gold School Membership - there are 3 levels: One Star, Two Stars and Three Stars, to enable schools to continuously improve the support they provide to their most able pupils and their parents and carers
What if we aren't a school?
Organisations such as collectives or chains of schools and academies, local authorities or charities can contact us for a bespoke package of organisation membership, such as the support we provide for the Peterborough Learning Partnership.
What are the benefits of Standard School Membership?
Any nursery, school, academy or college can apply to become a Standard School Member and access the benefits, which include:
- School Membership Logo - By using our branding and logo on your letter headed paper, website and prospectus you are publicising your commitment to supporting your most able pupils and their parents
- School Certificate - Every school member receives a certificate of membership. Display this prominently in your school to show parents your commitment to provide for your most able pupils
- Teacher Resources - Regular e-newsletters, keeping you informed of key developments and changes to gifted and talented / most able education, and events and projects that your school may be interested in taking part in. Included are references to specific fact sheets and activities developed with gifted and talented / most able children in mind
- Online Best Practice Sharing - Programmes and initiatives from our Gold School members are available to view in the schools' members' area of the website
- Online Directory of Member Schools - A dedicated directory listing all our member schools and their county with a link directly to your website
- Teacher Telephone Consultancy - Telephone appointments with one of our Education Consultants to discuss all matters relating to your most able / gifted and talented pupils
- SPARK, FUSE and IGNIS pupils' e-zines emailed termly as a pdf for you to share with your learners
- Free Associate Family Membership for all of your families with an identified child at your school. This provides support to parents of your most able pupils, including monthly information and access to the parents' members' area of the website
- Member Rates for Children's, Parents' and Teachers' Workshops - We offer:
- Eligibility for Gold School Membership - You can apply for membership by providing evidence to meet the criteria for Gold Schools (Please note that this is an editable pdf that can typed in and saved if you have Adobe Acrobat).
What does School Membership cost?
School Membership Fees for the academic year 2015-16:
|Prep, Middle, Senior, Secondary, Sixth Form
For mixed phases the higher fee applies.
*Please note that there is an additional assessment fee for Gold School Membership starting at £150 for an off-site assessment and report. Please ask for full details.
How do we join?
- Schools usually join as Standard School members and then work towards Gold School membership.
- Start the application process by completing the Application Form which can be typed in and saved if you have Adobe Acrobat. You can post to Potential Plus UK or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will email you an invoice, together with the link to an online training module. This module also has a Declaration of Agreement within it. We request that the person with responsibility for most able/G&T watches the module and completes the Declaration of Agreement.
- The school then pays the invoice and returns the signed Declaration of Agreement (usually scanned and emailed to email@example.com)
- Once we have received your payment and the Declaration of Agreement, we open your account and email you your membership details.
- Please phone us if you have any queries on 01908 646433.