The Above and Beyond Awards
Effective DME Provision in School Award
This award recognises effective provision within school for learners with both high learning potential and a disability, known as dual or multiple exceptionality (DME).
Please consider the listed criteria when nominating a school, or self-nominating, for this award. All schools nominated must be based in the UK. Submissions should be made via the form and additional electronic evidence in the form of photos and documents may be attached.
This school has
- provided high levels of support at every stage for learners with a dual or multiple exceptionality
- developed appropriate infrastructure for identifying and educating learners with a dual or multiple exceptionality e.g. policies, staff training, governance, provision
- worked with outside agencies to refine support for learners with a dual or multiple exceptionality
- worked with staff and parents to support, enrich and develop opportunities for learners with a dual or multiple exceptionality
- supported students in transition between schools by supplying/using information about their dual or multiple exceptionality needs
- developed a culture of high expectations and aspirations for learners with a dual or multiple exceptionality
- supported/inspired other schools/individuals to follow their lead.
Closing Date for Nominations is 5.00pm, Friday 11th January, 2019