The Above and Beyond Awards
Effective Provision in School Award
This award recognises the efforts of schools to identify, support and inspire children/young people with high learning potential, their parents and other schools.
Please consider the listed criteria when nominating a school, or self-nominating, for this award. All schools nominated must be based in the UK. Submissions should be made via the form and additional electronic evidence in the form of photos and documents may be attached.
This school has
- provided high levels of support for high potential learners and outcomes at every stage, for learners of all backgrounds
- developed an appropriate infrastructure for identifying and educating children with high learning potential e.g. policies, staff training, governance, provision
- reached out to external providers to extend and support high potential learners e.g. the Brilliant Club, Potential Plus UK
- informed, supported and worked with parents of high potential learners in order to enable enrichment and optimal outcomes
- supported students in transition between schools by supplying/using information about their high learning potential needs
- developed a culture of high expectations for all children, and especially high potential and disadvantaged learners, including working with universities
- supported/inspired other schools to follow their lead.
Closing Date for Nominations is 5.00pm, Friday 11th January, 2019