The Above and Beyond Awards
Inspirational Therapist Award
This award is given to an inspirational therapist who has been involved in the adaptation of approaches to therapy for children/young people with high learning potential and/or dual or multiple exceptionality.
Please consider the listed criteria when nominating someone, or self-nominating, for this award. All nominees should be resident in the UK at the time of nomination. Submissions should be made via the form and additional electronic evidence in the form of photos and documents may be attached.
This Inspirational Therapist has
- actively considered high learning potential/dual or multiple exceptionality when working with children with neurodevelopmental disorders, learning difficulties and/or mental health needs, and has adapted their therapy approach and advice as required
- worked closely with schools/parents/other therapists to support and develop awareness, education and collaborative multi-disciplinary working, within the fields of high learning potential and dual or multiple exceptionality, e.g. training, sharing of resources
- shared experiences within the therapeutic community of supporting a child/children with high learning potential/dual or multiple exceptionality, to raise awareness and promote good practice
- informed, supported and worked with teachers and parents of children with high learning potential/dual or multiple exceptionality within their area of expertise but also in relation to the wider scope of support available
- informed, supported and/or worked with parents of children with high learning potential/dual or multiple exceptionality to both inform and empower them to support their children more effectively
- supported a child or children with high learning potential/dual or multiple exceptionality to achieve their therapy goals; effectively addressing the difficulties impacting on the child which prevented them from reaching their full potential
- supported/inspired other therapists to act similarly.
Closing Date for Nominations is 5.00pm, Friday 11th January, 2019