The Above and Beyond Awards
Inspirational Young Person Award
Do you know an inspiring young person? This award honours someone, aged 19 and under, with high learning potential, who has recognised a need, campaigned for or contributed to change and has inspired or supported others.
Please consider the listed criteria when nominating someone, or self-nominating, for this award. All nominees should be resident in the UK at the time of nomination. Submissions should be made via the form and additional electronic evidence in the form of photos and documents may be attached.
This inspiring young person has
- recognised and taken advantage of a challenging situation or opportunity e.g. poverty, illness, the need for change or solving a problem
- campaigned for or contributed to change e.g. against poor practice or provision, discrimination or injustice, or solved a problem through invention
- used social and/or external media to promote the cause/solution to a wider audience
- inspired others to help/support the cause/pursue a solution
- helped to support others e.g. by standing alongside others or sharing experiences
- identified and achieved (or made significant progress towards) their goals
- achieved a positive and ongoing/sustainable outcome for the cause or has continued their efforts by making new plans.
Closing Date for Nominations is 5.00pm, Friday 11th January, 2019