The Above and Beyond Awards
Young Person’s Resilience Award
This Award for resilience recognises a young person with high learning potential, aged 19 and under, who has overcome the odds and achieved their goal, while facing challenging circumstances in a home/school/health/external situation.
Please consider the listed criteria when nominating someone, or self-nominating, for this award. All nominees should be resident in the UK at the time of nomination. Submissions should be made via the form and additional electronic evidence in the form of photos and documents may be attached.
This resilient young person has
- faced challenging circumstances in a home/school/external/health or mental health situation
- handled these circumstances well – turning them into a positive – perhaps by continuing to attend school, home studying or helping others
- worked with others to improve their own circumstances
- >used their experience to help others, in person, on social media and in support groups
- identified and achieved (or made significant progress towards) their goals despite these circumstances
- demonstrated optimism for the future e.g. through writing/another creation or has plans they are working towards.
Closing Date for Nominations is 5.00pm, Friday 11th January, 2019