Professional Plus Membership
All the benefits of Professional Membership plus:
- Premium listing on our Directory of Professionals
- Promotion of your service at our national events
- Inclusion of your service details in our monthly e-newsletters to member parents and/or schools at reduced rates
Who should become a Professional Member?
This category of membership is designed for individuals and organisations that have a professional interest in most able / gifted and talented issues (high learning potential), want to keep their knowledge up-to-date and have opportunities to promote their services to interested parties. This includes Educational Psychologists, Health Visitors, Youth and Community Workers, Private Tutors, Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners, Counsellors in fact anyone who works with children with high learning potential outside the school environment. For teachers, head teachers etc School Membership is more relevant.
What are the benefits of professional membership?
As a Professional Member you will receive:
- Regular e-newsletters from our Chief Executive, keeping you informed about able, gifted and talented issues, initiatives and media opportunities
- Inclusion on our Directory of Professionals which is accessible to parents, schools and other professionals
- Use of Professional Member logo to display on letter headed paper, website and marketing materials
- Professional Member Certificate to certify membership of our organisation
- Bookable telephone consultancy appointments with our Education Consultant for information, advice and guidance (otherwise a £30 charge for non-members)
- Member rates for training, consultancy and workshops
Annual Membership Fees
During the first three launch years of Professional Membership (2012-2015) you are invited to join and receive a 10-20% discount on all of the fees shown below.
How do I become a member?
We want to ensure that you get the most out of your membership and develop your understanding of high learning potential. We are committed to providing high quality support to parent and carers, schools and other professionals, so we require every professional listed on our directory to meet our membership criteria.
Professional Membership criteria
- Evidence of a professional qualification or professional status or studying towards a professional qualification
- Successful completion of our free online training module, which has been specifically developed to give those seeking School or Professional Membership the foundations of understanding about high learning potential. When you have submitted your membership application form you will be given a link to this online training module. Work through it and then complete the questionnaire and declaration of agreement. The module lasts 30 minutes and we ask that you complete it within 30 days. Your submission will be validated by one of our Assessors.
- Professional organisations that would like our Professional Membership to cover several colleagues or employees need to nominate individuals to undertake the training module and complete the questionnaire and declaration of agreement, as well as sending us evidence of their professional qualifications or professional status. These individuals will be listed by name on the register under the heading of your organisation.
On successful completion of the training module and evidence of your professional status your Professional Membership will be approved.
Apply for Professional Membership
- Application form: Complete this application form if you have Adobe Acrobat; otherwise you can print and hand write in this application form. Include the names of all those you would like to be covered by the Professional Membership. Print and sign. You can request the application form as a Word document if you wish – email firstname.lastname@example.org with Professional Membership in the subject box.
- Payment: Enclose the correct payment, request an invoice to be issued or telephone 01908 646433 with a card payment. Payment is not processed until we receive relevant professional documentation and the declaration/s of agreement.
- Professional documentation: Enclose evidence of a professional qualification or professional status or studying towards a professional qualification for all those named on the application form. Copies of documentation are acceptable.
- Posting: Send the signed application form, payment/invoice request and evidence of professional status to Professional Membership, Potential Plus UK, Challenge House, Sherwood Drive, Bletchley, Milton Keynes MK3 6DP.
- On receipt of your application form we send you a Declaration of Agreement and an invoice if requested.
- Declaration of Agreement: Everyone named on the application form must sign a separate declaration of agreement.
- Payment: Arrange payment if this hasn’t already been done.
- Posting: Return the declarations to Professional Membership at the above address.
- On receipt of your declaration/s and payment we assess your application, process your payment and open your Professional Membership.
- Validity of Professional Membership: Once you have received Professional Membership it is valid for the duration of your membership as long as you renew your membership annually. However, we reserve the right to review and/or cancel your professional membership at any time if there is ever any reason to doubt your integrity. You would not be eligible for a refund.
- Adding or Removing Professionals: You can add or remove professionals at any time during your membership, as long as we receive the necessary evidence of professional status, their signed declaration of agreement and any additional fee due to an increase in the number of professionals covered by your membership. Contact us if you need to do this.