This book designed for younger children (4-7 years) is arranged in 4 parts (67 pages).
The authors, Professor Valsa Koshy, director of Brunel University’s Centre for Gifted Education, and Muriel Chester, a mathematics consultant with many decades of experience of working with teachers and children, created this pack.
How to extend and enrich mathematically very able children remains a challenge to most teachers in Infant and Junior Schools. These packs are designed to support teachers with detailed explanations and clear instructions for using the activities.
The following features of the pack make it unique and accessible to teachers and children:
- The activities address the reader; this can either be the teacher or the children. Children who are good readers can follow the activities with very little help. Teachers can adapt the activities for others
- Teachers have reported that the pack has been useful for identifying mathematical promise
- The activities offer multi-level outcomes and therefore can be used with the whole class
- It can be used in different context: individual work, groups or whole class
- Activities are set in very motivating contexts
- Extra resource sheets are provided
- The pack is photo-copiable
- It offers opportunities for developing thinking skills and creativity
More information about this product can be found here.
On purchase this item will be sent out by the author. Potential Plus UK will share your delivery address with the author for this purpose.