Accessing Ongoing Support
Anyone who works with children of any age will come across a child with high learning potential at some point in their professional career. For those professionals who work with:
- Highly able children
- Children with some Special Needs or Disabilities
- Underachieving children
the chances are you will work with children with high learning potential on a regular basis.
How can accessing to our ongoing support package benefit you?
Our ongoing support package can benefit you by providing:
- free access to online resources
- ongoing information, advice and guidance over the telephone
- discounts on professional development
- opportunities to publicise your services to other individuals and organisations, including families
- free associate membership for the families who use your service to help them with information and advice
Who should access this ongoing support?
Ongoing support for professionals is designed for individuals (and for groups of professionals or their organisations) who have a professional interest in High Learning Potential (also known by terms such as gifted and talented, academically more able) children and the issues relating to them and who want to keep their knowledge up-to-date and/or have opportunities to promote their services to parents/carers, schools, professionals and other interested parties. The list of professional who may be interested in this category of membership could include (but is not restricted to):
- Educational Psychologists
- Health Visitors
- Occupational Therapists
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners
- Activity Providers
- Family Support workers
- Social Workers
- Youth and Community Workers
- Private Tutors
In fact it will be of interest to anyone who works with children with high learning potential or who has a professional interest in this subject. For Governors, members of the Senior Leadership Team, teachers or anyone who wants the whole school to benefit from the support we offer, School Membership is more relevant.
How do I access this ongoing support package?
We want to ensure that you get the most out of your ongoing support package and develop your professional understanding of high learning potential. We are committed to providing high quality support to parents and carers, schools and other professionals, so we require every professional registering with us to:
- undertake a short online training module
- complete this application form
More information about professional membership is available here.