Supporting Young People with High Learning Potential
During the Covid-19 Outbreak
April 2020 – Updated June 2020
Young people with high learning potential frequently miss out on the support they need because their cognitive or creative capabilities mask a genuine need for help.
Potential Plus UK is an independent charity that helps them, their parents and their schools better understand these needs so that, regardless of background, they can thrive and excel.
During these unprecedented times Potential Plus UK is making free resources and support widely available to families and schools. We will continue to provide services such as the bookable telephone advice appointments, online publications and Focus on Potential mailings. At the same time, we are increasing and enhancing our online resources.
The best way to contact us at the present time is on email@example.com
Our telephone line 01908 646433 is being diverted to one member of staff and is open from 9.30am-1.00pm and 2.00pm-4.00pm Monday to Friday.
We’re sharing and extending resources and support free to families and schools. We are:
- Regularly posting thinking activities in our Plus Portal
- Creating useful articles and activities
- Extending our webchat service
- Monday to Friday mornings 9.30am to 12 noon
- Thursday evenings 8pm to 10pm
Recognising the change in circumstances and to support the needs of our member families and schools we are:
- Sharing Focus on Potential mailings with activities and support
- Continuing the bookable telephone advisory appointments on Wednesday and Thursday mornings
- Opening the telephone advisory line for Quick Calls on Friday mornings to members
vPlus – Virtual Plus:
We have begun a new online service – vPlus – through which we are able to provide courses for children, parents and teachers with great providers who are familiar with the needs of young people with high learning potential. Visit the new service here