It can be daunting to be the parents or siblings of a high learning potential child. You want to see them succeed, yet life can be quite challenging at times. As a member, you can benefit from our 50 years practical experience. Parents tell us they find our live web-chat an invaluable source of advice, usually available right at the time it is needed.
Family membership benefits include:
- unlimited pre-booked telephone support (costs £36 per call for non members)
- Members’ area on our website, packed with free downloadable advice sheets
- Two-weekly mailings of Focus on Potential with activity ideas for parents and their children, interesting articles for parents and carers, activities for the children to do themselves and a round-up of news and views
- Advance, discounted booking to all the events we organise throughout the year
- Discounts on our High Learning Potential Assessment service and our other assessments
- Access to our online communities where you can network with other families
How much does it cost to join us as a family member?
Family membership costs £125 for the first year and £60 per year thereafter.
We strongly believe that our membership should be open to everybody who might benefit from it. We do not want to turn away people, because they do not have the resources to pay for the services we offer. Although we receive no funding to help us to reduce the membership fees, we are committed to supporting all families and therefore subsidise the concessionary rates ourselves.
We therefore offer a concessionary membership rate of £25 for families who need it. This drops to £12 after the first year.
To qualify for concessionary membership, applicants must be in receipt of one or more of the following means-tested benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Employment Support Allowance
Concessionary membership is also available to:
- Families who are fostering one or more children or young people who are felt to have high learning potential, in order for them to be able to provide the support that they and their foster children need
- Students over the age of 18 who are in full-time education
To apply for concessionary membership, simply:
- Scan and email, or photograph and email a copy of either your latest benefit statement (valid within the last three months) or the letter approving this benefit for the period applied or some other proof (e.g. of fostering, attendance at a full-time course) to email@example.com
- On receipt of this evidence we will email you back with the concessionary code to use when applying for family membership via this website. This code will reduce the payment to £25.
If you do not have access to email, please copy and post your evidence, and send to:
Potential Plus UK,
together with a contact email address.
All information will be held in confidence and shredded on completion of the application process.
Please note, because we recognise that circumstances may change from one year to the next, concessionary membership is only available for twelve months and must be renewed again the following year using the above process.
If you are not in receipt of any of the above benefits but feel you have a special case requiring a reduction on the full membership fee of £125, please write confidentially to the Chief Executive providing your reasons, so that your case can be considered (firstname.lastname@example.org with Chief Executive in the subject box).
If you have any queries, please contact the Membership Department on
or 01908 646433
or write to:
Potential Plus UK
Suite 1.6 Challenge House