- NURTURE their gifts and talents
- Support children to SUCCEED
- DISCOVER your child's potential
- Remove barriers to ACHIEVEMENT
Welcome to the website of Potential Plus UK. We are an independent charity supporting children with high learning potential (gifted and talented) by working with families, schools and professionals.
Supporting Young People with High Learning Potential During the Covid-19 Crisis
Young people with high learning potential frequently miss out on the support they need because their cognitive or creative capabilities mask a genuine need for help.
Potential Plus UK is an independent charity that helps them, their parents and their schools better understand these needs so that, regardless of background, they can thrive and excel.
During these unprecedented times Potential Plus UK is making free resources and support widely available to families and schools. We will continue to provide services such as the bookable telephone advice appointments, online publications and Focus on Potential mailings. At the same time, we are increasing and enhancing our online resources.
The best way to contact us at the present time is on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our telephone line 01908 646433 is being diverted to one member of staff and is open from 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday.
We’re sharing and extending resources and support free to families and schools. We are:
- Posting thinking activities three times a week in our Plus Portal
- Creating useful articles and activities twice a week
- Sharing a free Activity Pack each week
- Providing additional free Parent Advice Sheets
- Extending our webchat service
- Monday to Friday mornings 9.30am to 12 noon
- Thursday evenings 8pm to 10pm
Recognising the change in circumstances and to support the needs of our member families and schools we are:
- Sharing additional Focus on Potential mailings with activities and support
- Continuing the bookable telephone advisory appointments on Wednesday and Thursday mornings
- Opening the telephone advisory line for Quick Calls on Friday mornings to members
- Creating new activity packs to challenge and enthuse your young people with high learning potential
- During April, launching the Potential Plus UK/Skills Builder website to help develop essential skills during (and beyond) the lockdown
We wish all members of our community the best of health and wellbeing. Julie Taplin, Chief Executive
Please nominate Potential Plus UK as your charity when you shop online via Amazon Smile or EasyFundraising. Through these initiatives we receive valuable funds that don’t cost you anything.
Amazon: Login to Amazon via the Amazon Smile link page, not the normal Amazon website https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/313182-0 . Make your purchases as normal and we will receive 0.5% of any eligible purchases.
Easyfundraising: Shop via https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/potentialplusuk/with over 3,500 big name retailers including Argos, John Lewis, ebay and Marks and Spencer and we will receive a donation for each purchase.
“Discover Potential” Newsletter
Potential Plus UK Membership
- We help families to understand and meet the needs of their child with high learning potential and give parents a voice. Membership also helps the charity to maintain an independent voice and allows us to support all families that are in need of help and advice.
- School membership is a package of support designed specifically for head teachers, more able or gifted and talented lead teachers and other academic staff and governors to be able to support their school and their more able students.
- This category of membership is designed for individuals and organisations that have a professional interest in high learning potential / gifted and talented issues, want to keep their knowledge up-to-date and have opportunities to promote their services to interested parties.