Support for Schools
How can Potential Plus UK help you?
Potential Plus UK is a national not-for-profit organisation that works with governors, senior leaders, teachers and teaching assistants to ensure that every child with high learning potential* can grow in confidence, thrive and achieve social, emotional and academic fulfilment.
*High learning potential is our preferred term. Your school may be using a different term such as ‘gifted and talented’, ‘academically more able’ or ‘most able’.
We help schools and academies in all sectors and all phases to support children and young people:
- with exceptional abilities;
- who have the ability to attain highly, but who, for whatever reason, are not attaining at that level;
- who are dual or multiple exceptional (high ability with a special educational need or disability);
- who are profoundly gifted (approximately 0.01% of learners).
We believe in:
- an appropriate and challenging education for every child and young person;
- supporting teachers in their desire to better understand the complex needs of children with high learning potential;
- supporting teachers to identify and provide for high potential learners, including able underachievers, dual and multiple exceptional learners, and able students from disadvantaged backgrounds;
- the importance of parents and carers as full partners in the child’s education.